You need to pitch and showcase your innovative solutions, which are practically doable and highly innovative to counter growing plastic pollution in Malaysia via the 3R (Reduce, Recycle, Reuse) approach. The solutions submitted can focus on any area within the broader domain of plastic waste management, i.e. reduction in plastic use, recycling of plastic waste, innovative collection strategies of plastic waste e.g. sorting and segregating and reusing plastic waste in creative ways. The showcase of your solution should include prototype, demonstration and display booth.
29th July 2019 (9:30AM - 3.00PM)
All local and international secondary students from any schools*
*Each team must consist of a max. number of three or five (3/5) members. All members in the team must come from the same school.
Rules & Regulations
Presentation and Showcase of the Innovation
- Total allocation time : 10 min
i. Presentation: 7 min
ii. Q& A : 3 min
- You are required to prepare a poster in A2 size to present your innovation product. The content of the poster must consist of:
a) Product Name
b) Background of the innovation product
c) Materials used for making the innovation product
d) Method for preparing the innovation product
e) Impact of the innovation product
f) Challenges in making the innovation product
- The innovation product will be judged based on the following criteria:
a) Originality and creativity of the idea proposed (new idea or adaptation) based on the competition theme
b) Design of the innovation product (materials used, user friendly, accuracy of information).
c) Impact of the innovation product (individual, community, economic growth, green environment).
d) Improvement of the innovation product (can be improved, problems can be overcome).
e) Presentation (the use of visual, oral communication and effective public speaking, detailed presentation).
- The innovation product MUST use at least 70% of materials from waste plastic.
- The cost for the preparation of the innovation product will be fully covered by the participating team.
- The organizer reserves the right to refuse any entry that is believed does not meet the eligibility requirements, objectives and rules in this competition.
- Internet access will not be provided. All participating teams are advised to bring their own mobile broadband or other devices for easier Internet access.
- The appointment of the panel of judges for this competition is the sole responsibility of the organizer.
- All decisions made by the judges are final and appeal is not allowed.
- The winning teams from each of the categories will receive plaque, cash prize and certificates.
- Every participating team will receive participation certificates and plaque.
- By entering the competition, all participating teams agree to the possible inclusion of their innovation product in any media coverage by the organizer and the sponsors, such as press releases or publications.