School of The Future
Are you ready to imagine and design what ‘School of the Future’ would look like? Now is the opportunity for you to share your vision of future schools!
The outcome of this endeavour is for participants to raise awareness of the emerging resources and to expand the horizons of architecture to be more responsive, dynamic and enjoyable. Most of all, to create experiential spaces which shall demonstrate and evince a soul but resemble the uniqueness of your school.
Participants shall design the above-mentioned architecture through the interaction of objects, environments adopting tactile, sensing co-ordination, networked and responsive technologies. Using a common medium for this task, eligible participants shall be afforded two choices of a nominated quantity of "building modules or units" which will be based from recycled materials and the ability to be relocated and flexible.
Launching 3rd May 2019
before 12 noon Open for registration
Submission Deadline: 25 May 2019
*Selection for 10 best groups will be made and notified by 1 June 2019 via email.
10 Shortlisted Groups will be notified by 1 June 2019 via email.
Mentoring and online consultation session will be conducted between 17 June - 21 June 2019
Installation, Exhibition and Judging
30 July 2019 at SMK TTDI Jaya
TOP 5 : 29th July 2019 3PM
A team of 5-7 Pax in a group
Rules & Regulations
1st STAGE: DESIGN IDEAS PROPOSAL
- Each school/institution is invited to submit initial design ideas proposal to represent your vision of ‘School of the Future’
- Your design ideas should be illustrated/presented on a one-page A3 format, with drawings such as plan, elevation and perspectives. The drawing can be in JPEG or PDF format, with minimum 300dpi.
- Describe your design ideas and concept through writing on a 1-page A4 format. Explain how your model will be installed and exhibited
- For shortlisted participants, you will be required to build your model during the event day. You will be given a space of 2 meter (width) x 2 meter (length) x 2 meter (height) to install and exhibit your model.
- Register your participation at http://www.myschoolgoals.com/register.
- Submit a copy of your registration form, A3 design ideas proposal and A4 concept write up to: email@example.com
- Submission deadline: 25 May 2019
- The best 10 groups will be selected and notified by 1 June 2019 via email.
- The shortlisted 10 groups will be given the opportunity to consult a panel of mentors to refine their design ideas between the week of 17 June - 21 June 2019.
- Pitching of ideas and consultation will be conducted online using video conferencing (Google Hangout). Each group will be given 15 minutes to present their proposal, and they will be given 15 minutes for feedback from the mentors.
- The 10 shortlisted schools are required to construct their ‘School of the Future’ display model during the event day on 30 July 2019.
- Each group will be given a space, with the size of 2 meter (width) x 2 meter (length) x 2 meter (height) to install and exhibit your model. The installation time shall start at 8.30 am until 10.00 am (*subject to change).
- Judging session shall start at 10.00 am until 1.00 pm (*subject to change). Participants will be required to present their design ideas to the judges.
- The judges will select the best 5 designs. The top 3 groups will exhibit their model at the Gala Dinner Venue (tbd)
2nd STAGE : MENTORING & FINALISING DESIGN - SHORTLISTED
3rd STAGE : INSTALLATION, EXHIBITION AND JUDGING
EXHIBITION DISPLAY AWARDS